Sunday, June 07, 2015

Where the Day Takes Us

800px-Original_Starbucks
Where else? .. - "Original Starbucks" by Postdlf from w. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons -
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Original_Starbucks.jpg#/media/File:Original_Starbucks.jpg


by Trebor Snillor
THE WEATHER IS HERE

June has given Dallas pleasant, dry sunny weather. We already have forecasts of scattered showers next week, so some of the earlier weather weirdness may come back to visit.

NO TOPIC

Today, I have absolutely no topic – guess I’ve been struck speechless. I’m having to sit outside of Starbucks, there’s actually a crowd. A very sweet yellow lab pup is sniffing around my feet. It’s 94 degrees and I ordered a hot Chai Latte. Not the best choice I’ll admit.

I cannot believe it’s already June. As last I recalled, I was negotiating for a new kitchen and just back from Christmas break. Time flies even now when you’re not having gobs of fun. I’ve had a busy 3-day weekend which has included a haircut, a trip to Goodwill and yard work.

In my older age, I’ve very nearly quit working out, going to many 12 step meetings or visiting previously favorite night spots. I’m not depressed or anything like that – I just think the comforts of home fulfill my needs. Sometimes these things are cyclical; maybe I’ll get the lead out again at some later point.

My 2001 RAV4 has a vacuum leak – it’s already cost me $300 and counting. I went looking at cars yesterday – was surprised to see GMC sold out of the new Canyon pickup. Was surprised again to see Ford with 25+ new Mustangs in stock. Alas, my 2013 model is already out-of-date. My new kitchen set me back a lot, so there won’t be any new cars for a while to come.

My job is busy as Hell – it pains me to think of everything waiting for me tomorrow. I guess it’s nice to be needed. It’s nice to have a financial pipeline to pay for all my spendi-ness. At some point not far off, I’ll be on a fixed income and won’t even have the options for kitchen or car.

A man just stepped out here wearing a long-sleeve denim work shirt, jeans and boots. He’s young and slender, clearly wired differently than me. Because I would be having heat stroke in that outfit. But I digress from whatever point I was making.

I guess that I really am rambling here. I need to buy a hanging plant, pull weeds and trim a hedge. How’s that for excitement? I may follow thru with a trip to Luby’s or a walk at White Rock. I’m starting to have rivers of sweat flow down my body from the hot drink and the 94 degrees. I’ll sign off by having gratitude for my topic-less blessings.

© 2015 Snillor Productions

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home