Saturday, January 19, 2008

Whew!

780px-McCain25April2007Portsmouth
McCain in Portsmouth -- Picture courtesy of Wikipedia

by blogSpotter
Normally I don’t do two blogs 1 day apart, but I have to give a giant “Whew!” that Hillary/Romney won in Nevada and McCain won in South Carolina. Let me say I’m not on fire with anyone running for either party. But Obama is inexperienced and comes across to me in some ways as smug. I’ve stated my objections in previous blogs; Huckabee has the religious connection that discomforts me and I’m sure many other non-evangelical voters. Thompson probably split the Huckabee vote, so it remains to be seen how the contest will evolve if Thompson folds.

Romney is a chronic flip-flopper but I swear I’d rather have a flip-flopper than someone like our current president who is reliably, predictably down-the-line wrong. There is at least a chance of corrective adjustability with Romney. You have a possibility other than “with me or against me” -- as was offered by W.

I can only say of Giuliani that his hour may have passed, by waiting for the Florida primary to campaign heavily. It looks like Romney or McCain may have the big “mo’” by that point. You snooze, you lose and Rudy has snoozed thru the whole pivotal month of January primaries. Huckabee could regain steam if Thompson drops out and evangelicals are down to one basic choice. One evangelical was interviewed in S. Carolina; he said he felt patronized by Huckabee’s commercials that only emphasized Christian affiliation and no platform specifics.

Obama may still have life in his campaign if he wins S. Carolina next week. This election is maddening in that front-runners have been obvious much sooner in recent elections. We all get to bite our nails in anticipation of Super Tuesday – it may be more “Super” than it has been in any previous election year.

© 2008 blogSpotter

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home