Friday, December 18, 2009

The 12 Days of Tiger

poinsetta
Christmas musings -- Picture courtesy of Wikipedia

by blogSpotter
Apologies to my readers -- the blog has gone nearly two weeks without a new posting. blogSpotter (that's me) was hit with swine flu -- an illness which reduced me to a pile of aches, agues and fever chills. Don't know that I've ever felt so horrible in my life. I'm now into day nine of this nasty contagion and it looks like I'll probably live. There were moments when I wondered... The giant pause that my flu forced in everything also gave me pause to look at some of my recent postings. I figured that now is a good time to do a Holiday Retrospective.

O Holy Seven
I highly praised Windows 7 in Oh Thank Heaven, and am not changing any of that. Windows 7 continues to be a champ, and it will probably help Christmas computer sales – which in turn could even give our economy a much needed goose. I’d be remiss not to mention that my MacBook has had several Wi-Fi connectivity issues since going to Snow Leopard – so has the latest Apple TV software. Both were unusable for various periods last week and my Windows (HP) devices had to come to the rescue. Apple, tell us what’s going on.

Obamacare
The Health Care bill is just doing a number on me. It seems like the Senate comes within a few inches of a compromise measure and then someone blows it all to Hell. Lieberman are you listening? It’s a wonder mankind ever got as far as we did in the social contract. Am starting to agree with Howard Dean, that the compromise deal now being worked will yield something ugly and not to be desired.

Tiger
Poor, poor Tiger Woods. Actually what’s more poor and deluded than Tiger is an athlete-worshipping, celeb-centered culture that turns these people into demigods. During the OJ trial of the 1990’s, I encountered people who were sure OJ was innocent – he’d received a Heisman Trophy after all. Not only are athletes not gods, their outsized egos, libidos and checkbooks probably put them at the front and center of every temptation there is. Tiger is a 33 year old horn dog who thought it was open chick season, forever. Now divorce lawyers will help him to reframe that world view.

I guess these are my only ruminations right now, as I wind down from the flu. My mind and body are still not functioning at 100% -- will see how long it takes to get back. Am hoping to be back at @ 1/week schedule but who knows.

© 2009 blogSpotter

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home