Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Blog is Born

Hello, everyone. ("Everyone" right now is me.)

Despite the title, this blog isn't about me - it's about you and your ideas. My initial desire was something approximating a usenet group, where people exchange ideas on a controversial matter of my choosing. But that's selfish in one way; boring and restrictive in another. The universe is way too big to confine things to a single topic. Therefore, I open the door to anything: science, politics, sex, morality, popular culture, religion and what have you.

About me: I'm a liberal, iconoclastic, "unusual" person living in Dallas, Texas of all places. My viewpoints are decidedly odd in a state that worships football and elects mostly Republicans. I seem to be extreme where moderation is the rule, and moderate where an extreme stance is what society expects. Well, I hate to disappoint, but I've got to be me!

In this space, I will let my eccentricities run amok, and welcome you to do so also. If you are off the trodden path in some interesting respect, here is where you might express your madness.

Robert :-)


Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home